I’m up for a bit of luxury as much as the next person – when I’m travelling with my parents. On my own, I’ve noticed I’ll do some rather ridiculous things to save rather small amounts of money: after all, every penny I save while abroad is a penny I can use for the next trip. There are a lot of signs you’re a budget traveler – here are ten!
1. You’ll walk for kilometers just to avoid paying a tiny bus fare
2. You’ll book a flight with 2 extra layovers to save $50
3. Street food is your best friend
4. You would never exchange money at an airport
5. The word hotel has almost no meaning to you
6. Roaming plan for your phone? Why would you get that?
7. You’ll wear the same clothes for days because they’re all you could fit in a carryon
8. No matter how poorly Ryanair treats you, you won’t stop flying with them
9. Taxis are pure evil in your mind
10. You refuse to pay a dollar more for a hostel dorm with half the number of beds
Well, what’s the verdict? Are you a hardcore budget traveler? What signs am I missing?